Please use the following steps to get your Doom games working on the RetroPie. Please remember to backup EVERYTHING that you are not willing to lose (screenshots, roms, saves, save states, artwork, etc).
- Install lr-prboom
- (Backup first) Delete the file: ~/RetroPie/ports/doom.sh
- (Backup first) Delete the file ~/RetroPie/ports/doom/doom.wad
- Download and extract my current Doom setup files here: https://www.iruberleet.org/files/retropie/ports-doom.7z
- Place these files on your RetroPie in the following location: ~/RetroPie/ports/
- chmod the new *.sh files to either 755 or by running the following command in the ~/RetroPie/ports/ directory: sudo chmod +x ./*.sh
- Restart Emulation Station and try the new items found in your Ports category. Please ensure they all work before moving away.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! I might have got there eventually on my own, but this made my file so much easier!!
One thing that should be clarified is the the prboom.wad file needs to be in the same folder as the other wads and everything that comes in the doom folder in this download.
This is working 100% now 2022 on my Raspberry PI400!
I want to thank so much for this work!