How iOS 8 Safari makes it simple to view the desktop version of a mobile website
Included in the link below are screenshots and simply instruction on how to very easily view a desktop version of a website on iOS in Safari
OSXAuditor – a free Mac OS X computer forensics tool
OS X Auditor parses and hashes the following artifacts on the running system or a copy of a system you want to analyze:
- the kernel extensions
- the system agents and daemons
- the third party’s agents and daemons
- the old and deprecated system and third party’s startup items
- the users’ agents
- the users’ downloaded files
- the installed applications
- the users’ quarantined files
- the users’ Safari history, downloads, topsites, LastSession, HTML5 databases and localstore
- the users’ Firefox cookies, downloads, formhistory, permissions, places and signons
- the users’ Chrome history and archives history, cookies, login data, top sites, web data, HTML5 databases and local storage
- the users’ social and email accounts
- the WiFi access points the audited system has been connected to (and tries to geolocate them)
It also looks for suspicious keywords in the .plist themselves.
It can verify the reputation of each file on:
- Team Cymru’s MHR
- your own local database
It can aggregate all logs from the following directories into a zipball:
- /var/log (-> /private/var/log)
- the user’s ~/Library/logs
Finally, the results can be:
- rendered as a simple txt log file (so you can cat-pipe-grep in them… or just grep)
- rendered as a HTML log file
- sent to a Syslog server
Elder Scrolls designer ventures into The Long Dark and now has early access on steam
A new survival game is on the way from the lead designer of ES3: Morrowind and ES4: Oblivion. The team also includes Far Cry 3’s Narrative Director, the lead writer for the God of War trilogy and the person who scored Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2.
The game is available for early access on Steam and has a unique art style. The game has no “monsters”. It is just you, nature and other survivors in the game. I watched some of the sandbox mode gameplay and it looks truly interesting in this overcrowded genre. As a player you will have to wander around in blizzards, find shelters, scavenge materials and stay warm/hydrated/fed/uninfected by diseases from nature.
It honestly looks like quite an interesting game that will stand out in the genre.
Game Center CX Episodes 162, 163, 164 – Donkey Kong Country 2
The Chief is playing in a massive three parter for the famous Nintendo game Donkey Kong Country 2.
SimCity BuildIt – EA
EA is making a new mobile SimCity game called SimCity BuildIt. It will be out for iOS and Android.
It will be fully 3D this time around. I hope this works out well… EA has been making some weird decisions with SimCity games lately…
SOURCE: SimCity BuildIt – EA
Microsoft paid NFL $400M for Surface deal; announcers call them iPads
Microsoft paid $400mln for people to use their Surface tablets at the NFL. Unfortunately not only have the announcers been calling them iPads, the players, reporters and fans have been as well.
Payday 2’s Hotline Miami DLC sounds terrifying
Payday 2 is the robbery game where you basically go into a jewelry store and end up killing hundreds of police.
They have an upcoming Hotline Miami-themed DLC. It will come with at least one new heist mission but thats it.
I haven’t played Hotline Miami yet but I know its an “indie” game with a lot of press coverage so this collaboration will be the thing that pushes me to trying it out.
GTA 5 adding first-person vehicle view on next-gen
Rockstar briefly had a support page up detailing some more changes to the enhanced rerelease of GTA5:
- A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
- A brand new first person mode while on foot
- A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
- New animals roaming Los Santos
- Animals in GTA Online?
- Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
- Newly overhauled character selection screen
As the page was taken down it could all be false or mistaken or even taken out of the game. Still exciting to see they are doing so much to enhance the game.
The enhanced rerelease of GTA5 will come out on November 18, 2014 for XBOX One, PC and PS4.
Battlefield 4 makes a Final Stand in its fifth DLC map pack
The best shooter out right now is probably going into the “End Game” if you will. Battlefield 4 is going to release it’s first DLC map pack called Final Stand with new maps located out in Russia’s arctic.
It will also include new weapons and vehicles including a few that are “secret prototypes” such as a railgun and a hover-tank.
Totally worth buying the season pass/whatever it is call to get all of the DLC for this amazingly great game at any price.
shus – A simple HTTP server
shus is a tiny HTTP server which supports only GET requests and static pages.
Excellent for those who want the absolutely minimum web server.
SOURCE: dimkr/shus · GitHub
Use Windows 8’s Format command to perform a secure disk wipe
If you’re running Windows 8 you can securely wipe a drive with the following command:
format d: /P:2
The ‘d’ is the drive letter and the ‘2’ is how many wipes you wish to perform.
CipherShed – The successor to TrueCrypt
With TrueCrypt’s very still ongoing and much-storied demise there has been a massive hole left in people’s encryption packages. TrueCrypt was freaking wonderful and its still not even known if it was compromised.
CipherShed is merely a rebranding of TrueCrypt 7.1a, the last version of TrueCrypt that may not have been compromised. That version is currently undergoing a security analysis review.
CipherShed could end up being the “replacement” of TrueCrypt despite being the exact same code still.